Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Glasshouse Home Safety – a subsidiary of Maxion Pty Ltd ACN 123847861. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our products is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
Glasshouse Home Safety reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions.
Glasshouse Home Safety warrants that its services are performed within limits prescribed by its clients with compliance to all relevant licencing and legislative requirement and in accordance with the standard for the prescribed services at the time those services are rendered.
Glasshouse Home Safety warrants that its staff will always be suitably skilled and qualified to provide the services.
Glasshouse Home Safety will attend to the properties which you have requested the Services for in a timely manner. A compliance certificate will be provided for the property within 48 hours of work being completed.
We confirm that we will ensure that the correct amount of notice required by the relevant State regulatory bodies is provided to the resident of a property in the event of us entering an occupied property to carry out our services.
For the protection of our technicians, we will not access a property when access to the property is inhibited due to:
- Atmospheric conditions, extreme temperature or rain, war, road closures, flood, fire, acts of God, technician car breakdown, a technician car accident, a locked gate or no driveway access, or access requiring a vehicle other than a standard vehicle
- A resident refusing us entry
- Any workplace health and safety reason including but not limited to:
- A dog (or other animals) at the premises
- The existence (or suspicion) of asbestos
- A menacing resident
- Suspected illegal activities inside the property
- Mould or any other condition that would make the property an unsafe workplace for our technician
Products and Plans
SILVER – SMOKE ALARM SERVICE – $75 per year
- Carry-out as many visits as required for lease renewals.
- No Beeps guaranteed. If any alarms we have installed beep or alarm for any reason not due to the occupants, then within 48 hours we will replace it with a new one.
- Test alarms as per manufacturers recommendation.
- Test alarms with smoke to simulate true fire event.
- Service, Vacuum clean and maintain all alarms.
- Replace removable batteries every time, regardless of charge.
- Check sound pressure levels under alarm as required by legislation.
- Ensure alarms meet AS3786.
- Supply test report within 48 hours if compliant or 24 hours if non-compliant.
- Test reports accessible to Property Managers online 24hrs with entire history of property.
- Five-year warranty on any smoke alarm replaced or installed by a Glasshouse electrician or technician.
GOLD – SMOKE ALARMS AND SAFETY SWITCH SERVICE – $99 per year
- All points included in $75 package plus the following
- Mechanical test of all safety switches.
- Current threshold trigger test of power outlet safety switches using field test tool.
- Record number of safety switches.
PLATINUM – SMOKE ALARMS, SAFETY SWITCHES – $125 per year
- Includes all $99 package features plus
- Time testing of Power Outlet Safety Switches to ensure the trigger time is within the code requirements.
- Check paths of exit are clear from obstructions.
- Check door latches operate, and keys are hung nearby if dead locked.
- Check sound pressure levels of alarms at the bedhead of sleeping occupants to ensure alarms are heard by the main responder.
Additional considerations and costs.
If, during the course of our servicing, we find that any existing smoke alarm is over ten years of age then as per the requirements of the regulations we will immediately change that device out at our replacement unit cost of;
- $75 Smoke Alarms only
- $99 Smoke Alarms and limited safety switch checks
- $125 No-Risk package for complete safety and best value. Please note that all homes that meet the 2022 code must be this package.
- Call out fee for return repair visits $65
- Supply and install new removable battery photo-optical alarm $55
- Replace existing hard-wired alarm with new photo-optical alarm $76
- Install single new hard wired and interconnected alarm $240
- Install consecutive new hard wired and interconnected alarms $180
- Install single wireless interconnected non-removable battery alarm $265
- Install consecutive wireless interconnected non-removable battery alarms $220
- Relocate single non-hard-wired alarm on the spot, including no-more gaps in old
- Relocate consecutive non-hard-wired alarms on the spot, including no-more gaps
in old holes $20
- Relocate single non-hard-wired alarm, on slab, on the spot, including no-more
gaps in old holes $38
- Relocate single non-hard-wired alarm, on asbestos, on the spot, including no-more
gaps in old holes $45
- Single window cleats supplied and installed as a set of 2 $16
- Consecutive window cleats supplied and installed as a set of 2 $12
- 3 pole RCD change out and test $260
- 2 pole RCD MCB change out and test single unit $190
- Consecutive 2 pole RCD/MCB change out and test $175
- Change out double power point $25
- Change out double power point with built in 10Amp switch $32
- Change out double power point with built in 35Amp switch for cook-top $45
PRICING INC GST
Extra high ceilings
Under normal circumstance, our technicians can attend to alarms to the maximum height of 3 metres.
If an alarm is at the height of more than 3 metres and requires cleaning replacement or installation, two technicians must attend. An additional charge of $35 will apply per smoke alarm unit.
Blind Cord Safety Compliance
Glasshouse Home Safety also offers a Blind Cord Compliance Service on request for $25
This service complies with Competition and Consumer Corded Internal Window Coverings Safety Standard 2014 and Consumer Product Safety Standard (Corded Internal Window Coverings) Regulations 2010.
If, during our test and inspect process, we identify areas of non-compliance in regards to window cords, we shall submit appropriate pricing for our technicians to install the mechanisms to ensure compliance. These may be but are not limited to warning tags and cord guides.
This service will ensure compliance only if the resident uses the blinds and fittings in the intended and appropriate manner.
We do not replace the blinds.
Safety Switch Testing
Glasshouse Home Safety carries out a Safety Switch Function Test when requested and in conjunction with particular service packages.
Before a home visit, we will issue an entry notice to the resident that advises of our attendance and intention to test the safety switch, and as such, it is a resident’s responsibility to ensure devices are switched off or disconnected as the resident requires before our attendance.
All power linked to the safety switch will be switched off to the property for a short period of time. When we do this, our technician will ensure that all residents in the home of whose presence we are aware know of the impending outage.
Please note we do not:
- Accept any liability for any damage to any equipment that happens as a result of the safety switch testing.
- Test the time it takes for the safety switch to turn off the power.
- Accept any liability if the safety switch does not function adequately, in terms of not turning off or not turning the power back on following the Safety Switch Test.
- If a device fails to test or fails to rest after the test then we are able to supply pricing to replace the particular failed unit.
We confirm that all the smoke alarms that we fit:
- Comply with Australian Standard AS 3786-2014 for smoke alarms and AS 1603.3 in the case of Heat alarms;
- Show the model number and the recommended date of replacement
- Are registered with the ActiveFire Scheme administered by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation;
In the instance that certain building construction types create extra requirements we will offer alternative solutions and costs. For instance, a building that requires a hard wired alarm but has a concrete ceiling may involve chasing of cabling into the slab or installing wireless devices.
We reserve the right to replace faulty, expired, missing or damaged smoke alarms with an alternative brand to that of the smoke alarm when initially installed; and we will not cover the cost to rectify any electrical cabling issues, which cause alarms to become inoperable or ineffective.
Payment and invoicing
All invoices are to be paid within 14 days of invoice date.
Our fees are subject to change. We will always notify you of any changes.
Annual Service Fees
All Annual Service renewal invoices will be made available immediately after the annual test is completed and report supplied. Payment as per our standard terms above.
You may upgrade your plan at the anniversary of the Plan or at any point throughout the year.
If the upgrade is during the year, payment of the new chosen Plan is paid minus the value current Plan.
Both parties have the right to terminate this agreement or plan at any time if there is unacceptable non-conformance or disregard for the scope of work, giving 60 days’ written notice of such termination to the other party with reasoning provided in writing.
An Annual Service Fee will not, under any circumstance, be refunded whether in full or in part in the event of a cancellation of the Service, property transfer, damage and/or destruction to the property.
Liability and Indemnities
Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude, restrict or modify any rights or remedies which you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or other legislation which under such laws cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We are not liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, relating to:
- Our website
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we are not liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue.
- Business interruption.
- Loss of anticipated savings.
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If we remove a smoke alarm which is faulty, not required for compliance, and not functional for that area, we will leave the cabling in a safe condition. However, this may require follow-up attention by the agent or owner. We are not responsible for patch and paint if any holes remain.
We will not accept liability for damage caused with respect to disconnecting smoke alarms. For example, if we are asked to force entry into a property on the instruction of the landlord, agent, or emergency services, we will not be liable to pay any costs or damages.
No other warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, is included or intended in Glass House Home Safety website, proposals, contracts or reports.
We warrant that:
All smoke alarms fitted carry their own warranty.
If our products or services do not meet the required standard, in addition to any rights under the Australian Consumer Law, Glasshouse Home Safety may provide a refund of the service fee or replacement of the smoke alarm product.
Liability and Indemnity by Property Managers
As a Property Manager to a property we service, you will at all times indemnify, and keep us, indemnified from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) or liability incurred or suffered by you arising from any claim or action by any person against you or where such loss or liability arose out of, in respect of our services, your conduct or a breach of these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to a failure to pay renewal fees in respect of the properties.
Our liability to the owner of a property is limited to the lesser of insurance proceeds paid in respect of any loss suffered by the owner of a property, or the limit of our insurance.
Glasshouse Home Safety, its employees, agents and subcontractors will keep confidential all data and information which comes into their possession in their line of everyday actions as determined by their role
By consenting to these Terms and Conditions, you are allowing us to collect your personal information with respect to our services and consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for its intended purpose, and for related or ancillary purposes. We use this in the following ways:
- To provide information relating to products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that are like those that you have already purchased or considered;
- Providing you with information on goods or services that we feel may interest you, from our related entities. If you are an existing customer, we will only e-mail or SMS you about goods and services like those you have with us or have discussed in the past.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us in writing or select unsubscribe on the relevant material.
Neither owner nor agent, by virtue of purchasing our services, are granted ownership or access to intellectual property of Glasshouse Home Safety.
We confirm that the trade marks, logos and service marks shown on our website and our application unless otherwise specified, are our intellectual property. No rights are granted to use any of them without our prior written consent.
All rights are reserved.
Glasshouse Home Safety carries public liability insurance of the amount of AUD $10M per event. Certificates of Currency are available upon request. We cover staff for accidents while on your property according to Australian law.
Glasshouse Home Safety will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond their reasonable control. If a delay or failure of Glasshouse Home Safety to perform its obligations is due to a cause beyond its reasonable control, you will be notified within a reasonable timeframe, and in any case as soon as is possible, and provision for priority scheduling will be made.
Provision of Incorrect information
By consenting to and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge the following:
- Any errors relating to dates, resident details and addresses provided by you may delay the completion of servicing.
- It is not the responsibility of Glasshouse Home Safety to ensure that the information you provide is correct; and will not be liable for any damages arising from a delay or any incident because of the incorrect information.
- Glasshouse Home Safety will not be liable if the site was built or substantially renovated after July 1997 and you have not advised us.
If a dispute arises about the services which cannot be settled by the parties within 14 days, the parties must endeavour to settle the dispute by mediation held in Brisbane (or in such other place as may be agreed by the parties in writing) before having the recourse to litigation.
The parties must use their best endeavours to agree on a mediator but failing agreement either party may request the President of the Queensland Law Society to appoint a mediator, and the mediator will be appointed on the terms specified by that organisation. The parties will bear equally the costs of any mediator appointed.