Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Maxion Pty Ltd ACN 123 847 861 trading as Glasshouse Home Safety – a subsidiary of. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our products is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
Glasshouse Home Safety reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions by written notice to you.
We warrant that our comprehensive smoke alarm services are performed according to the Package order chosen and/or other specific written order requirements prescribed by our clients (“you/ your”) in compliance to all relevant licencing and legislative requirements and in accordance with the standards for the prescribed services at the time those services are rendered (“the Services”).
We warrant that our technicians will always be suitably skilled and qualified to provide the Services.
We will attend to the properties which you have requested the Services for (“properties/property”) in a timely manner. A compliance certificate will be provided for the property within 48 hours of Services being completed.
We confirm that we will ensure that the correct amount of notice required by the relevant State regulatory bodies is provided to the resident of a property in the event of us entering an occupied property to carry out our Services.
For the protection of our technicians, we will not access a property when access to the property is inhibited due to:
- Atmospheric conditions, extreme temperature or rain, war, road closures, flood, fire, acts of God, technician car breakdown, a technician car accident, a locked gate or no driveway access, or access requiring a vehicle other than a standard vehicle
- A resident refusing us entry
- Any workplace health and safety reason including but not limited to:
- A dog (or other animals) at the premises
- The existence (or suspicion) of asbestos
- A menacing resident
- Suspected illegal activities inside the property
- Mould or any other condition that would make the property an unsafe workplace for our technician
You acknowledge that the property may be a “workplace” for the purposes of the Work Health Safety Act 2011 (“WHSA”) and if the property is a workplace then you agree to accept our recommendations for the Services to be performed and comply with your obligations under the WHSA.
Safety Switch Testing
We carry out a Safety Switch Function Test when requested and in conjunction with particular Service Packages.
Before a home visit, we will issue an entry notice to the resident that advises of our attendance and intention to test the safety switch, and as such, it is a resident’s responsibility to ensure devices are switched off or disconnected as the resident requires before our attendance.
All power linked to the safety switch will be switched off to the property for a short period of time to allow the Services to be completed. When we do this, our technician will ensure that all residents in the home of whose presence we are aware know of the impending outage.
Please note we do not:
- Accept any liability for any damage to any equipment located at or in the property that occurs as a result of the safety switch testing.
- Test the time it takes for the safety switch to turn off the power.
- Accept any liability if the safety switch does not function adequately, in terms of not turning off or not turning the power back on following the Safety Switch Test.
- If a device fails to test or fails to rest after the test then we are able to supply pricing to replace the particular failed unit.
- Accept any liability for the non-performance of any installed product if you choose a Package for your property that is not the Package recommended by us.
Extra high ceilings
Under normal circumstance, our technicians can attend to alarms to the maximum height of 3 metres.
If an alarm is at the height of more than 3 metres and requires cleaning replacement or installation, two technicians must attend. An additional charge of $35 will apply per smoke alarm unit.
Further Services – Blind Cord Safety Compliance
We also offer a Blind Cord Compliance Service on request for $25.
This service complies with Competition and Consumer Corded Internal Window Coverings Safety Standard 2014 and Consumer Product Safety Standard (Corded Internal Window Coverings) Regulations 2010.
If, during our test and inspect process, we identify areas of non-compliance in regards to window cords, we shall submit appropriate pricing for our technicians to install the mechanisms to ensure compliance. These may be but are not limited to warning tags and cord guides.
This service will ensure compliance only if the resident uses the blinds and fittings in the intended and appropriate manner.
We do not replace the blinds.
We confirm that all the smoke alarms that we fit:
- Comply with Australian Standard AS 3786-2014 for smoke alarms and AS 1603.3 in the case of Heat alarms;
- Show the model number and the recommended date of replacement
- Are registered with the ActiveFire Scheme administered by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation;
In the instance that certain building construction types create extra requirements we will offer alternative written solutions and costs. For instance, a building that requires a hard-wired alarm but has a concrete ceiling may involve chasing of cabling into the slab or installing wireless devices.
We reserve the right at your cost to replace faulty, expired, missing or damaged smoke alarms with an alternative brand to that of the smoke alarm when initially installed; and we will not cover the cost to rectify any electrical cabling issues, which cause alarms to become inoperable or ineffective.
Payment and invoicing
By selecting Services you agree to and accept that such Services will be supplied on these terms and conditions which will be binding on you.
Unless otherwise required or agreed (as set out below) all invoices are to be paid within 14 days of invoice date.
We reserve the right to change the cost for the Services at any time and will notify you in writing of such change. In particular we reserve the right to change the cost of Services in the event of a variation to the Services required.
At our sole discretion a non-refundable deposit may be required.
At our sole discretion:
- Payment may be required on completion of the Services; or
- Payment for approved clients may be made by instalments.
Payment will be made in cash, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to by us.
GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the invoice except when they are expressly included in the amount charged or quoted.
Security and Charge
To better secure payment for our Services when required:
- Where you are the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, you agree to mortgage and/or charge all of your interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to us to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under these terms and conditions. You acknowledge and agree that we shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be withdrawn once all payments and other monetary obligations payable hereunder have been met.
- Should we elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, you shall indemnify us from and against all our costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- You agree to irrevocably nominate, constitute, and appoint us nominee as your true and lawful attorney to perform all necessary acts to give effect to the provisions of this Clause.
Annual Service Fees
All Annual Service renewal invoices will be made available immediately after the annual test is completed and report supplied. Payment as per our standard terms above.
You may upgrade your plan at the anniversary of the Plan or at any point throughout the year by notice in writing to us.
If the upgrade is during the year, payment of the new chosen Plan is paid minus the value current Plan.
Both parties have the right to terminate this agreement or plan at any time if there is unacceptable non-conformance or disregard for the scope of work, giving 60 days’ written notice of such termination to the other party.
An Annual Service Fee will not, under any circumstance, be refunded whether in full or in part in the event of a cancellation of the Service, property transfer, damage and/or destruction to the property.
We warrant that:
All smoke alarms fitted carry their own warranty.
If our products or services do not meet the required standard, in addition to any rights under the Australian Consumer Law, we may provide a refund of the service fee or replacement of the smoke alarm product.
Liability and Indemnities
Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude, restrict or modify any rights or remedies which you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or other legislation which under such laws cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Subject to the above provisions we shall be under no liability whatsoever to you for any indirect and/or consequential loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by you arising out of a breach by us of these terms and conditions (alternatively our liability shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the cost of the provision of the Services).
We are not liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, relating to:
- Our website
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we are not liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue.
- Business interruption.
- Loss of anticipated savings.
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If we remove a smoke alarm which is faulty, not required for compliance, and not functional for that area, we will leave the cabling in a safe condition. However, this may require follow-up attention by the agent or owner. We are not responsible for patch and paint if any holes remain.
We will not accept liability for damage caused with respect to disconnecting smoke alarms. For example, if we are asked to force entry into a property on the instruction of the landlord, agent, or emergency services, we will not be liable to pay any costs or damages.
No other warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, is included or intended in Glass House Home Safety website, proposals, contracts or reports.
Landlords and managers of properties we attend may be carrying on business (“PCBU”) for the purposes of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (QLD) (“WHSA”). If they are carrying on a PCBU then those entities we contract with to carry out work under these Terms and Conditions remain liable under the WHSA and must do everything possible to protect any worker (including our personnel and contractors) from any risk to their health and safety that is reasonably practicable.
Liability and Indemnity by Property Managers
As a Property Manager to a property we service, you will at all times indemnify, and keep us, indemnified from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) or liability incurred or suffered by you arising from any claim or action by any person against you or where such loss or liability arose out of, in respect of our services, your conduct or a breach of these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to a failure to pay renewal fees in respect of the properties.
Our liability to the owner of a property is limited to the lesser of insurance proceeds paid in respect of any loss suffered by the owner of a property, or the limit of our insurance.
By consenting to these Terms and Conditions, you are allowing us to collect your personal information with respect to our services and consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for its intended purpose, and for related or ancillary purposes. We use this in the following ways:
- To provide information relating to products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that are like those that you have already purchased or considered;
- Providing you with information on goods or services that we feel may interest you, from our related entities. If you are an existing customer, we will only e-mail or SMS you about goods and services like those you have with us or have discussed in the past.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us in writing or select unsubscribe on the relevant material.
You, by virtue of purchasing our Services, are granted ownership or access to or ownership in our intellectual property.
We confirm that the trade marks, logos and service marks shown on our website, our application and any other documents that belong to or are produced by us are, unless otherwise specified, our intellectual property. No rights are granted to use our intellectual property without our prior written consent.
We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. If a delay or failure to perform our obligations is due to a cause beyond our reasonable control, you will be notified within a reasonable timeframe, and in any case as soon as is possible, and provision for alternative priority scheduling will be made.
Provision of Incorrect information
By consenting to and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge the following:
- Any errors relating to dates, resident details and addresses provided by you may delay the completion of the provision of Services.
- It is not our responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is correct and we will not be liable for any damages arising from a delay or any incident because of the incorrect information you may have supplied.
- we will not be liable if the property has improvements which were built or substantially renovated after July 1997 and you have not advised us.
If a dispute arises about the Services which cannot be settled by the parties within 14 days of the dispute arising, the parties must endeavour to settle the dispute by mediation held in Brisbane (or in such other place as may be agreed by the parties in writing) before having the recourse to litigation.
The parties must use their best endeavours to agree on a mediator but failing agreement either party may request the President of the Queensland Law Society to appoint a mediator, and the mediator will be appointed on the terms specified by that organisation. The parties will bear equally the costs of any mediator appointed.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
- These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of Queensland and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
- You shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from any invoice, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to you by us nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
- We may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the your consent.
- You agree that we may review these terms and conditions at any time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change to these terms and conditions, then that change will take effect from the date on which we notify you of such change.
- You warrant that you have the power to enter into this agreement and you have obtained all necessary authorisations to allow you to do so and you are not insolvent and that this agreement creates binding and valid legal obligations on you.
- The failure by us to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor shall it affect our right to subsequently enforce that provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable, such provision will be severed and the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
Products and Plans
SILVER – SMOKE ALARM SERVICE – $75 per year
- Carry-out as many visits as required for lease renewals.
- No Beeps guaranteed. If any alarms we have installed beep or alarm for any reason not due to the occupants, then within 48 hours we will replace it with a new one.
- Test alarms as per manufacturers recommendation.
- Test alarms with smoke to simulate true fire event.
- Service, Vacuum clean and maintain all alarms.
- Replace removable batteries every time, regardless of charge.
- Check sound pressure levels under alarm as required by legislation.
- Ensure alarms meet AS3786.
- Supply test report within 48 hours if compliant or 24 hours if non-compliant.
- Test reports accessible to Property Managers online 24hrs with entire history of property.
- Five-year warranty on any smoke alarm replaced or installed by a Glasshouse electrician or technician.
GOLD – SMOKE ALARMS AND SAFETY SWITCH SERVICE – $99 per year
- All points included in $75 package plus the following
- Mechanical test of all safety switches.
- Current threshold trigger test of power outlet safety switches using field test tool.
- Record number of safety switches.
PLATINUM – SMOKE ALARMS, SAFETY SWITCHES – $125 per year
- Includes all $99 package features plus
- Time testing of Power Outlet Safety Switches to ensure the trigger time is within the code requirements.
- Check paths of exit are clear from obstructions.
- Check door latches operate, and keys are hung nearby if dead locked.
- Check sound pressure levels of alarms at the bedhead of sleeping occupants to ensure alarms are heard by the main responder.
Additional considerations and costs.
If, during the course of our servicing, we find that any existing smoke alarm is over ten years of age then as per the requirements of the regulations we will immediately change that device out at our replacement unit cost of;
- $75 Smoke Alarms only
- $99 Smoke Alarms and limited safety switch checks
- $125 No-Risk package for complete safety and best value. Please note that all homes that meet the 2022 code must be this package.
- Call out fee for return repair visits $65
- Supply and install new removable battery photo-optical alarm $50
- Replace existing hard-wired alarm with new photo-optical alarm $75
- Install single new hard wired and interconnected alarm $219
- Install consecutive new hard wired and interconnected alarms $169
- Install single wireless interconnected non-removable battery alarm $239
- Install consecutive wireless interconnected non-removable battery alarms $219
- Relocate single non-hard-wired alarm on the spot, including no-more gaps in old
- Relocate consecutive non-hard-wired alarms on the spot, including no-more gaps
in old holes $20
- Relocate single non-hard-wired alarm, on slab, on the spot, including no-more
gaps in old holes $35
- Relocate single non-hard-wired alarm, on asbestos, on the spot, including no-more
gaps in old holes $42
- Single window cleats supplied and installed as a set of 2 $15
- Consecutive window cleats supplied and installed as a set of 2 $12
- 3 pole RCD change out and test $150
- 2 pole RCD MCB change out and test single unit $150
- Consecutive 2 pole RCD/MCB change out and test $150
- Change out double power point $25
- Change out double power point with built in 10Amp switch $35
- Change out double power point with built in 35Amp switch for cook-top $45
PRICING INC GST